I Can See Forever...


A much more productive day today, despite being 517 miles of the flattest expanse of land I've ever seen or imagined in my life. Beautiful sunshine kept our spirits high, even after 3 hours of near-constant yowling from Kasey the cat started grating on our nerves. For an animal whose biggest fear is open spaces, she had an understandably hard time with today's travels. She spent the next 5-ish hours in the kennel covered with towels...


But on the huge accomplishment side: we drove over one hundred miles in each of three different states today; New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Kansas. Though they did all kind of look the same. And we're still over an hour ahead of schedule with only a paltry 206 miles to go tomorrow before we settle in for a mini-visit with family in Kansas.


On a distinctly sadder note, I saw my first "feed lot" today. A massive swath of land cordoned off into squares of tightly packed cattle eating grain from troughs. After two days of excited pointing out all the grazing cattle, I was disheartened to see so many in such a small space. I guess happy cows really do come from California.

Oh, and on a side note: all the pics from the trip can be found on my Picasa: https://picasaweb.google.com/turnbull.amanda/RoadTrip#

Comments